Language Translator

Monday 31 October 2011

SCAUP at Porth Hellick

For over 6 weeks now this WILSON'S SNIPE has been present at Lower Moors.  

 I had an early taxi this morning and on my way to work, I thought it I would check out Lower Moors. On the flooded island was the WILSON'S SNIPE feeding with two Snipe. Returning to the wagon, I heard the DUSKY WARBLER near to the Shooters Pool. The bird was very vocal and while trying to take some shots, in the crap light, I heard a YELLOW-BROWED WARBLER nearby.  3 Swallow were also flying around in the area.


Superb shots of the WILSON'S SNIPE



This Snipe was just below in front of the ISBG hide


Footage taken by Martin Goodey





DUSKY WARBLER near to the Shooters Pool

  In the back of me garden, there were a YELLOW-BROWED WARBLER with 5 Chiffchaff. Throughout the afternoon, there were heavy down pours and I watched 3 Chiffchaff and a YELLOW-BROWED WARBLER at the campsite, Garrison, from the shelter of a large pine.
   Late afternoon and I went to look for the Water Pipit at Porthloo, that's been in the area for the last week now, and managed to get 1 Grey, 3 White and 6 Pied Wagtail, 3 Black Redstart and a late Whinchat instead.
  Just before dark, I tried for yesterdays juvenile SCAUP from St Agnes that was now on Porth Hellick. However, when I got there, there was no sign of it on the pool. Fortunately, close inshore, it was with 6 Mallard in the bay.

SCAUP at Porth Hellick Will Scott http://dub-birder.blogspot.com/


I saw up to 3 YELLOW-BROWED WARBLER today, including this one at the Garrison

Whinchat and White Wagtail  Both were very distant

After the Northern Waterthrush, that was still on Higgo's Pool this morning, the Scaup is the rarest bird on St Mary's! All of yesterdays birds on St Agnes, were still there today and on Tresco, it or another WHITE-RUMPED SANDPIPER had joined the Lesser Yellowlegs and Pectoral Sandpiper on the Great Pool, but there was no sign of the Spotted Crake.


Comedy sketch, Miss Webb, Tean, teaching the scales to her pupils.

No comments:

Post a Comment