Language Translator

Wednesday 26 October 2011

Still good numbers of Chaffinches

1st winter Mediterranean Gull at Porthloo

  There were still good numbers of Chiffchaffs jumping around in the back of me garden with 3 male Blackcap and 2 Goldcrest this morning. On the Garrison, in the firthteen minutes that I was there, I watched 20+Chaffinch move out SSW and later on in the afternoon at Green Farm, there were a flock of 150+Chaffinch. I could only find a single Brambling with them in the brief time that I was there. Also in the area there were, 1 White Wagtail, 5 Skylark, 3 Redwing and 2 Swallow.


A single White Wagtail and 5 Skylark were in the fields at Green Farm

Part of the large Chaffinch flock

  A quick look at Newford and I could hear the YELLOW-BROWED WARBLER and Chiffchaff. At Porthloo there were 9 Swallow flying around and on the beach, 2 Black Redstart, 2 White and 1 Pied Wagtail and 5 Mediterranean Gull
 


4 1st winter and an adult Mediterranean Gull were at Porthloo

Sunset this evening from me garden

Graham's on a roll at the moment on St Agnes. Three days ago he found a OLIVE-BACKED PIPIT, followed the following day by a RADDE'S WARBLER and today with the Radde's, a BLUETHROAT!


Great English songwriter, Nick Drake with the 'River Man' 

No comments:

Post a Comment