Language Translator

Tuesday 1 November 2011

GREAT REED WARBLER trapped at Porth Hellick

GREAT REED WARBLER

As I made my way to the field at the back of me garden, first thing this morning, I could hear the YELLOW-BROWED WARBLER being very vocal. I entered the wood and the the first thing I see is me first Firecrest of the year in this area. Above the Firecrest was YBW and over 10 Chiffchaffs were also moving around. Then there a SIBERIAN CHIFFCHAFF called twice and I found feeding in the top of a Sallow. While this was going on in front of me, overhead I could hear, Redwings, Fieldfares, Chaffinches and I saw 7 Skylark and a male Merlin and Sparrowhawk fly over. It was obvious that there was an increase in birds. I kicked a Woodcock as started making me way out of the wood and there were 2 Lesser Redpoll in the fields mearby. It felt like there was something good going to be found and 20 minutes later, a call from Martin comfirmed this. Jim and Jaclyn had trapped a GREAT REED WARBLER at Porth Hellick. I couldn't make it, as I had to get to work. Not before a check at Newford Duckpond on the way there. Here there was also a slight increase of Chiffchaff, with over 10 birds feeding with the YELLOW-BROWED WARBLERLater on I had the YELLOW-BROWED WARBLER next to the campsite, Garrison with 2 Blackcap.
  Bumping into 925 and Chris outside the Star Castle, they told me that they had 5 FIRECREST and 4 YELLOW-BROWED WARBLER around the Garrison.

FIRECREST at Content in the dark

Out of the 3 Black Redstart at Little Porth, this was the only male

Up to 3 Whinchat were on St Mary's including this one on Porth Mellon. There was also a single on St Agnes.

There were 2 immature Black Redstart on Porth Mellon




A great version of Hank William's 'I Saw the Light' by The The

No comments:

Post a Comment