Language Translator

Wednesday 19 October 2011

ROOK at Green Farm

ROOK  was a surprise at Green Farm

   I had a look in the surrounding area of the football field on the Garrison this morning and got an immature Black Redstart, 2 Blackcap, 6 Goldcrest, 3 Redwing and my first 2 Fieldfare of the autumn. I also had 6 Red Admiral and less numbers of Speckled Wood enjoying the sun before the cold NW came in.
 
This morning looking from Star Castle

Immature Black Redstart

My first Fieldfares of the autumn

  Early afternoon and Vaughan Ashby had relocated the 2 RED-THROATED PIPITS at Pelistry Riding Stables. Both birds performed well in the small horse paddock with 15+Meadow Pipit, but the light was crap. Although the pipits were very flighty, we never heard any of th RTP call. 2 redpolls were also heard flying over. In a bulb field just across the road, there were 3 Fieldfare and 2 Redwing feeding with Song Thrushes


The 2 RED-THROATED PIPITS with a Meadow Pipit in the top shot at Pelistry riding stables


It was good to see Redwings and Fieldfares on the deck instead of flyovers 
 
  I parked up around the corner and walked through the fields towards Maypole. In the leek field there was a Whinchat and 3 Chaffinch, but as I came through from Maypole towards Green Farm, there was a ROOK on the wires. It flew off towards Watermill and thinking that it's more than likely come down in the fields, I called Robin, as he needs it for his year list. Higgo got one earlier in the year at Carn Friars. I spent ten minutes with Robin and Mark looking for it, but then I had to return to work.
  Just before dark, I had a look at Content and got the SIBERIAN CHIFFCHAFF, with possibly another bird, Willow Warbler, 2 Goldcrest and 5 Chiffchaff.


ROOK and Whinchat at Green Farm

Cold looking Chiffchaff at Content


Cowboy Junkies took part in a tribute album to Gram Parsons 'Grievous Angel' and did the best version of 'Ooh Las Vagas'

No comments:

Post a Comment