Language Translator

Tuesday 11 October 2011

SIBERIAN CHIFFCHAFF at Content

SIBERIAN CHIFFCHAFF not looking in good shape at Content

  At 10.00, the boss told me to have the rest of the day off. A stroll down the hill and I connected with the juvenile ROSE-COLOURED STARLING. In front of a small crowd, it was making some niose deep inside a bush before sitting on top for a few minutes, showing superbly.

Paul Semmons

Juvenile ROSE-COLOURED STARLING at Sallyport



  A BLUETHROAT in front of the Sussex hide at Porth Hellick, popped out in front of Andy and Denise James first thing this morning, was now showing on and off on the down. There was also a mobile RED-THROATED PIPIT in the area. I thought that I would just take my time along the costal path towards Porth Hellick. On Penninis Head, 9 Siskin flew out to sea, only to return a few minutes later. There were 2 FIRECREST and 10 Swallow at Old Town Church and I flushed the WRYNECK walking up towards the windsock. 16 Siskin flew out to sea from Giants Castle and at Salakee there were a Whinchat, 100+Goldfinch, 20+Linnet and 6 Siskin. At 13.30, the Bluethroat was still on the down. However, when I finally reached Porth Hellick, it came out on the radio that the Bluethroat had just left the down! That means it's gone and will never be seen again!. Instead I had to make do with a FIRECREST, 1 Sedge Warbler and Spotted Flycatcher, 3 House Martin and 6 Swallow. Other birds of note that I managed to see during me walk were 20+Wheatear, 40+Meadow Pipit, 7 Chiffchaff, 2 Blackcap and 1 Stonechat.

Up to 5 Wheatear were on Porthcressa Beach

This FIRECREST was 1 of 2 at Old Town Church


Chiffchaff and Spotted Flycatcher at Carn Friars

This Mecyna asinalis was on my bosses door at Sallyport

  Just before dark, a look at the fields at the back of me garden found the SIBERIAN CHIFFCHAFF still present and there were also 1 Pied Flycatcher and Chiffchaff. No sign of yesterdays Yellow-browed Warbler.


This SIBERIAN CHIFFCHAFF at Content always had it's right eye closed


Grant Lee Buffalo singing live 'Fuzzy'

No comments:

Post a Comment