Language Translator

Thursday 15 March 2012

Migrants are in

2 male Wheatear were at the golf course

  Well some of them have. Early this morning while waiting for the boss at Sallyport, there were the first 2 Sand Martin of the year just above the houses. A look for Tony's Wheatear, that he had yesterday on the golf course, produced 2 smart males. Last year I saw my first one on the 16th March. Also a Lapwing flew over SW and nearby there were up to 6 Black Redstart including 2 cracking males.




Wheatears and Black Redstarts

Up to 10 adult Black-headed Gull were feeding on the golf course
  .
Late in the evening I arrived at Porth Hellick, hoping to see the Swallow that was seen this morning by Jim and Jacquelyn, and as I stubbled out me wagon I heard a Firecrest and it immediately fould it in the nearby bushes. There were only 5 Teal and 3 Snipe on the pool of note and a Woodcock flew through just before dark. Also throughout the day while working I managed to see 15+Chiffchaff including 5 in the garden.


This ringed Firecrest didn't play game with me at Porth Hellick this evening


There were up to 9 Pied Wagtail at Star Castle this morning




Joshua James with 'Mother Mary' Have a listen, he's bloody good! There's only one thing that I don't like about this song, it's too short

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a good session. I look forward to getting out tomorrow myself now then if they are arriving.

    ReplyDelete