Language Translator

Thursday 8 March 2012

Siberian Chiffchaff in the hand

Siberian Chiffchaff ringed at Porth Hellick Liz Renfell

  Bumped into Jim this morning on my way down to Porth Hellick, and he told me that he ringed a Chiffchaff that he believed was a Siberian. In the bright warm sunshine, I made my way to the ringing station and picked the bird up immediately on call. Jim was spot on and after a few minutes I found it feeding with 4 Chiffchaff in the Sallows. In the 15 minutes I was there it proved to be very mobile.





Siberian Chiffchaff at Porth Hellick

There were 2 Red Admiral in the area


This Little Egret was on the pool

Wren
Great Tits are singing all over the shop at the moment

The 1st winter male Eider is still present in the harbour


Yesterday this Jackdaw was a long ways off feeding in the Telegraph fields with Carrion Crows. I only saw one Jackdaw last year and the above bird could be one of the 2 birds from Tresco.

  For me, in the last week it has been very quiet. Friday, 2nd March, a Pink-footed Goose flew NW low over the airfield, two days after Joe had it over Porthloo. There were also the 3 Black-necked Grebe and 2 1st winter male Eider off Pental Bay, 2 Slavonian Grebe off Innisidgen and up to 25 Great Northen Diver in The Roads.  The first returning 3 Linnets were at Green Farm.


Muse with a great song 'Apocalypse Please' Live

No comments:

Post a Comment