Language Translator

Friday 29 July 2011

TEMMINK'S STINT at Porth Hellick

 Adult TEMMINK'S STINT at Porth Hellick 


   I got a call from Bryan this morning to tell me that there was a TEMMINK'S STINT at Porth Hellick! It was not until late afternoon that I got there and found it showing very well in front to the right of the seaward hide. It was a moulting adult and I observed it for over half an hour at close range. Out of the eleven Scilly records, I've managed to see four of them. The last record was a spring bird also at Porth Hellick found by Robin, 22-23/4/09 .
  There was also a single Green Sandpiper and Sand Martin, male Peregrine and 5 Greenshank.  


TEMMINK'S STINT with Green Sandpiper  










Footage taken by Martin Goodey

Juvenile Green Sandpiper 


   This morning the Garrison, there was the first Migrant Hawker of the year near the Steveal, over 10 Willow Warbler, single Blackcap and a Sedge Warbler.


Wednesday July 28th

  At Lower Moors I heard the first Water Rail of the autumn and there were over 70 Swift 

Sunset over Samson 

No comments:

Post a Comment