Language Translator

Tuesday 6 November 2018

2 Serin at Rose Hill

Yesterday, I first heard these pair of Serin over Porthloo Lane and shortly afterwards relocated them in the nearby Rose Hill fields where they were still present there today

  This morning I woke up to gale force SSW with rain and I didn't get out until gone 10.00 when the rain had eased off. A Black Redstart was on the quay wall as I made my ways to Dump Clump where I got cracking views of Yellow-browed Warbler. This wasn't the case at Lower Moors where in the blustery conditions I only heard 2 Yellow-browed Warbler and a single Siberian Chiffchaff in the brief time I was there. The forecast at mid day was that the rain was getting heavier and I nearly made my ways home. However, I changed my mind thinking that I could race to Porth Hellick on me bike before that heavy downpour began in a few minutes. That I did and I found it a lot more productive with more or less the same species I saw two days ago here. 2 Siberian Chiffchaff, 2 Yellow-browed Warbler, the male Cetti's Warbler singing and near to the road, I heard and then saw the Dusky Warbler skulking low in Sallows.

I had only 5 Yellow-browed Warbler today including this one at Porth Hellick


This Little Egret found it tough as it struggled to cross Porth Hellick Pool.


This Common Snipe trying to readjust itself from being blown around by the wind



This Goldcrest was feeding in a sheltered Sycomore

  I found a male and female Serin yesterday in the Rose Hill fields and a quick look this afternoon found them still present Unfortunately they were on land with no access. I finished the day off before 16.00 with 3 Mediterranean Gull at Porthcressa and a single Firecrest at the campsite. At the same time Graham Gordon let me know that he had it or another Dusky Warbler near the sluice at Lower Moors and Martin Goodey called to tell me that he had 2 Red Kite over Kittidown! So the individual that arrived yesterday on St Mary's has remarkably been joined by another!



The pair of Serin showed well in the rain at Rose Hill
   

I got a call at same time from Graham Gordon and Tony Gilbert yesterday morning telling me that they had a Red Kite over Porthloo. Seconds later I had it over Porth Mellon where it put up all the gulls. Today there were 2 Red Kite on the island!



The 2 Willow Warbler were still at Lower Moors yesterday. Both are very bulky birds with one individual showing snowy white underparts suggesting possibly a  'Northern' type/

From none the day before to 4 Siberian Chiffchaff at Lower Moors yesterday. All were found by their call.

Felt like there were more Chiffchaff  in I guess this would reflect with the 4 Siberian Chiffchaff


Slackwax is a German musical duo of electronic music formed in 2005 and made up of Bernd Batke and Peter Hoppe. Batke, at the same time frontman, singer and bass player of the neo-country band Smokestack Lightnin' whereas Hoppe was a Nuremberg-based music producer. The style of the duo is electro, moody and atmospheric with elements of jazz, blues, soul, country together with contemporary beats and modern production techniques. They are signed to the German label Modernsoul.
The duo released a self-titled EP titled Slackwax in 2008, followed by EP "Close to My Fire (in 2010), their best known hit and EP Night Out (2012) and are preparing for a full studio album for 2013 with "Night Out" as the first single from the release.[1] They also released two mix EPs, Night Out – The Remixes in 2012 and Slackwax reworks Mousse T. also in 2012 offering a completely new perspective on Mousse T. hits with vocals from Anna Leyne on the tracks.
Slackwax are most famous for their 2010 hit single "Close to My Fire" (written by Peter Hoppe and Anna Leyne). They have produced for Fritz Kalkbrenner, Mousse T., Bela B, The Baseballs, Oceana, Trinah, Onita Boone and others.[2]

No comments:

Post a Comment