Language Translator

Thursday 3 November 2016

2 Night Heron over my digs!

I saw up to 6 Siberian Chiffchaff feeding in the warm sunshine today 

 In the early hours of this morning, Higgo and I heard Night Herons over St Mary's. Before anyone gets any ideas of why Higgo and I were together so early in morning? Well this is what happened. Higgo contacted me at 24.30 telling me that he was sure he just heard a Night Heron over town. I was just up road at home outside listening to the large numbers of Redwing and Song Thrush overhead and after three minutes, directly above me was the sound of a loud frog. I could make out that the heron was circling just above me and was joined by another. 2 Night Heron! Both birds were very vocal and flew off south. Later Graham Gorden told me that Andy Carroll heard a Night Heron a few hours before at 21.30 over St Agnes. I thought, what does Andy Carroll know about Night Herons? He's a footballer! I can just see him running into the house 'Why aya man! I've heard a Night Heron! Aya, it was a Bobby Dazzler! Now calm doon. al mek a cuppa'

  First light and Redwings were dropping out of sky in small numbers. As David Wilson had a Richard's Pipit fly over Peninnis yesterday, I thought I would go and check the fields up there. No sign of the pipit but 4 Black Redstart, 13 Skylark and a late Wheatear. Higgo called to say that Jim had trapped another Barred Warbler at Porth Hellick. Me wagon was left at work, so I continued towards Lower Moors where I got 5 Siberian Chiffchaff, 6 Yellow-browed Warbler and a single Firecrest. A single Siberian Chiffchaff with 2 Yellow-browed Warbler were also at Porthloo.



A late Wheatear and 4 Black Redstart were at Peninnis


5 Siberian Chiffchaff were at Lower Moors all located by call



With this single at Porthloo

i didn't go far today but still saw 40+Chiffchaff altogether


This Chiffchaff seemed to be feeding well despite the problem with it's foot

Redwing and Song Thrush were heard in large numbers overnight

Yesterday afternoon this Marsh Harrier flew high east over town

No sign of any of the Olive-backed Pipit yesterday but the Tree Pipit was still at Normandy

  Also yesterday Graham Gorden got a surprise on St Agnes when he discovered a Red-eyed Vireo in the Parsonage and it was still present today. On Tresco there were 2 Little Bunting at Borough Farm.

 
Sébastien Schuller (born 26 August 1970) is a French singer, songwriter and film score composer living in Philadelphia. His film scores include Toi et Moi , Notre univers impitoyableUn Jour d'ÉtéOne O One and High Society.

No comments:

Post a Comment