Language Translator

Friday 1 February 2013

Cahuta National Park


Green Heron feeding in the shadows at the creek at Cahuta National Park

  The last few hours of the day, before I leave further north up the Caribbean coast, were spent at the park. I saw mostly the same species of birds that I've seen in the last two days. 2 very vocal Rufus and White Wrens showed very well. but not for the camera.

Saw 3 of these maga Flat-backed Millipede!

Note the tiny dot above the female Gold-orb Spider opisthosoma. Any closer and the male could end up as a snack!

Don't go through one of the webs of the Golden-orb Spider. I have a few times while being in Costa Rica and it's not a pleasant experience. There webs are very strong and hard to brake and are as big as you are! Only once did the spider land on me and I just let it gentle crawl onto my hand and then shaked and flicked it away as far as possible and ran home as fast I could! But don't she look amazing!


More dragonflies?


This Black-cheeked Woodpecker and Plain-backed Woodcreeper, at some point, were on the same tree! I took these two just before dark in the park

Caterpillar?


Grey-headed Chachalaca in the afternoon sun. Also seen Plain Chachalaca on my travels




A few of the commonest birds in Costa Rica, Black Vulture, Western Kingbird, Chestnut-sided Warbler and Banannaquit were often in the hostel garden

The Tricoloured Heron made a change from the nearby calm creek to the waves of the ocean


As usual, very good stuff from Bonoboo 'Beachy Head' from the LP 'Remixes and B-Sides. Simon Green (born 30 March), also known by his stage name Bonobo, is a British musician, producer and DJ.
Green has recorded and performed solo DJ sets under the name Barakas, and together with Robert Luis from Tru Thoughts as Nairobi and Barakas.

No comments:

Post a Comment