Language Translator

Sunday 17 February 2013

3 Siberain Chiffchaff at Lower Moors

Up to 3 Siberain Chiffchaff were at Lower Moors feeding together

  Worked a few hours this morning and then had the rest of the day off. At Lower Moors, I could hear a Siberian Chiffchaff just in front of me in the right hand Sallows. I located it only to discover that were up to 3 Siberian Chiffchaff in the same Sallows! All of them were calling on and off and were joined briefly by a Chiffchaff. Also in the area were 6 Woodcock, 4 Chiffchaff, 2 Pied and 1 Grey Wagtail.


2 different Siberian Chiffchaff
 

Chiffchaff
 
  While in the Jac-a-Bar garden, I heard a Mistle Thrush rattling in the area and five minutes later, I was observing it at the top of a large pine. It flew off and sang very briefly out of sight in the warm sunshine. Nearby at Innisidgen there were a dark-bellied Brent Goose, 2 Whimbrel, 25+Curlew, 1 Great Northern Diver, male Sparrowhawk and my first 2 adult Lesser Black-backed Gull of the year for Scilly. Also first of the year included a Peacock Butterfly. A female Black Redstart was at Porthloo and returning to work later, on the football pitch were 2 Skylark with the female Sparrowhawk above.


 
Mistle Thrush at Jac-a Bar with St Martins in the distance. This could be the only one I see this year!
 
 
 
  
The dark-bellied Brent Goose and Whimbrels were all flushed by dog walkers at Innisidgen

My first Peacock of the year at Innisigden. Yesterday I also saw my first Small Tortoiseshell in the castle garden
 
Went to Martins and in his garden were 3 Siskin including this male

2 Skylark were on the Garrison football field


Andrew Wegman Bird (born July 11, 1973) is an American musician, songwriter, and multi-instrumentalist.

No comments:

Post a Comment