Language Translator

Friday 9 September 2011

3 BUFF-BREASTED SANDPIPER on the airfield

3 Juvenile BUFF-BREASTED SANDPIPER showing very well on the airfield

  It was thick fog throughout the day with a stiff SSW wind. I was still recovering from yesterdays pelagic and when I met Jim at Rose Hill, he told me that it was one of the best, if not the best, pelagic that he's ever been on! I think Higgo and a lot of the others who were on it to, would agree with him. While I was talking to Jim, I could hear a Pied Flycatcher calling.
  Later in the evening I made my way up to the airfield and found that the 3 juvenile BUFF-BREASTED SANDPIPER were still present. As I lay down, after a few minutes they all walked past less than a few metres away from me! The adult Golden Plover, 20+Wheatear and 8 White Wagtail, were also feeding on the turf.




Buffies on the airfield

  Then I went off to see the other yank at Porth Hellick. Directly infront of the seaward hide was the juvenile PECTORAL SANDPIPER feeding with a juvenile Dunlin and Ringed Plover.



This Juvenile PECTORAL SANDPIPER was feeding below the hide at times!

  Gray did well on St Agnes yesterday. It started off with a PEC on the Big Pool. A return in the afternoon, found it joined by BAIRD'S SANDPIPER. Today, however, he went up a gear by finding a AQUATIC WARBLER, an ORTOLAN and LAPLAND BUNTING.
GH

No comments:

Post a Comment