Language Translator

Thursday 30 August 2018

Wood Warbler at Twewince

The 1st winter Citrine Wagtail was last seen at Lower Moors on the 24th

  Yesterday late evening, Elliot Mudd and I came across a Wood Warbler feeding in the pine belt with 4+Pied and 1 Spotted Flycatcher and 3 Willow Warbler near to Bay View, Porthloo Lane. By the time Scott Reid had twitched it, the sun was setting and everything had gone to roost. Nearby, there were also 2 Tree Pipit as we returned to me wagon.
  In the same area today, I had a concentration of a single Chiffchaff, 20 Willow Warbler, 3 Spotted and 5 Pied Flycatcher and 2 Tree Pipit but no sign of the Wood Warbler. At Sunnyside/Rocky Hills area, there were also 5 Spotted and 1 Pied Flycatcher, 2 Tree Pipit, 5 Willow Warbler and a single Chiffchaff and female Merlin. 




Yesterday evening it was too dark to get better photos when we found this Wood Warbler at Bay View



I had up to 10 Spotted Flycatcher


And 11 Pied Flycatcher

I saw over 30 Willow Warbler including 20+at Bay View

I only saw 5 Blackcap

This female Merlin was at Sunnyside

  Later in the evening I arrived at Lower Moors to hear Whimbrel and infront of the ISGB Hide were 2 birds. Robin joined me and nearby we had 2 Spotted Flycatcher, 5 Willow Warbler and a flock of 11 Tree Pipit. 


3 of the 11 Tree Pipit a tLower Moors. This is the highest flock that I've recorded on Scilly 


2 Whimbrel at Lower Moors was a first for me on the scrape
    
  Yesterday on Bryher, Viv Stratton had 2 Tree Pipit and a single Whinchat. He also found a Wryneck south on Samson Hill after finding another Wryneck the day before on St Martins with 4 Whinchat. On St Mary's, there was a juvenile Arctic Tern at Old Town Bay.

On the 23rd I had this juvenile juvenile Yellow-legged Gull fly straight through Lower Moors The day before I had another juvenile on Tresco. Also on Tresco I had over 100 Sanderling and Ringed Plover








 
The 1st winter Citrine Wagtail at Lower Moors only stayed for six days 


Sedge Warbler


There have been up to 5 Snipe at Lower Moors

Wood Pigeon


Kingslee James Daley (born 1 December 1983), better known by the stage name Akala, is an English rapper, author, poet, and political activist. Originally from Kentish TownLondon he is the younger brother of rapper/vocalist Ms. Dynamite. In 2006, he was voted the Best Hip Hop Act at the MOBO Awards.[1] He was awarded an honourary doctorate by the University of Brighton in 2018.[2]

No comments:

Post a Comment