Language Translator

Saturday 24 March 2018

I Come home to Iceland Gulls!!

Female Black Redstart at Porthcressa in the early evening light

  I returned home from Palestine four days ago and on my first day back while working, I managed to see at Little Porth, 6 Mediterranean and a 1st winter Common Gull, Great Northern Diver and a female Black Redstart. At work, there was a male Firecrest singing and later in the evening I caught up with the 2 juvenile Iceland Gull at Morning Point.
 
  Yesterday, we added another birder to Scilly! Scott Read and his family arrived on the island, with his four cracking dogs to start a new life and I wish them all the best!
  Today Scott got me twitching my first Wheatear of the year at Little Porth but I dipped out on his Glaucous Gull. While I was at Little Porth, Vicky Turner and Andy Holdon turned up and got us the first Sandwich Tern of the year! Shortly afterwards we made our ways to Morning Point to find the 2 juvenile Iceland Gull were still present briefly being joined by an adult Common Gull. Before this I had my first White Wagtail at Star Castle with the Firecrest singing in the rain

This male Wheatear at Little Porth was my first of the year




This adult Common Gull was above the heads of the 2 juvenile Iceland Gull at Morning Point







These 6 Mediterranean Gull have been knocking around Porthcressa since a I arrived back home on Wednesday. 





2 Juvenile Iceland Gull are commuting with Morning Point and Porthloo. At the latter site this evening, including these the ones above, there were 3 Iceland Gull with a distant Glaucous Gull.


In 1996, Johnny Cash recorded a cover of Soundgarden’s hit “Rusty Cage,” written by frontman Chris Cornell, on his Grammy-winning album ‘Unchained.’ Twenty years later, Cornell wrote the next chapter in this unique musical relationship by setting a newly discovered poem of Cash’s to music, to create the stunning all-new song “You Never Knew My Mind.” It was recorded at the historic Cash Cabin Studio in Hendersonville, TN, and marks one of Cornell’s final solo recordings. The song is featured on ‘Johnny Cash: Forever Words,’ out April 6 on Legacy Recordings, a division of Sony Music Entertainment. The album is comprised of Cash’s unknown poetry, lyrics, and letters, now set to music by an all-star array of contemporary artists. Along with Cornell, the album features new songs by Ruston Kelly & Kacey Musgraves, Rosanne Cash, Alison Krauss & Union Station, Kris Kristofferson & Willie Nelson, Brad Paisley, John Mellencamp, Carlene Carter, Elvis Costello, The Jayhawks and more.

1 comment: