Language Translator

Sunday 22 July 2018

4 Yellow-legged Gull on Tresco

A day on Tresco and I had up to 4 juvenile Yellow-legged Gull including this one

  Despite the heatwave continuing and very little rain, a visit to Tresco today and there is still no mud on the Abbey Pool. So no waders and my attention was switched to goin through the hundreds of gulls coming into bath on the pool. On arrival I immediately got onto a juvenile Yellow-legged Gull circling the pool before flying off south. This was the first of the 4 juvenile Yellow-legged Gull I had in the area. It wasn't until I returned to the Abbey Pool some two hours later, after seeing the Lapwing, 1 Green Sandpiper, 8 Green and 3 Redshank, 2 Pochard, 3 Little Egret and 10 Grey Heron on the Great Pool, that I got two YLG. I picked out a juvenile on my first scan bathing on the far side. This was a larger individual and flew a lot closer before heading towards Sea Carn. At the same time while it was on the pool, another large juvenile YLG flew straight through towards the Great Pool. It wasn't long until I made the few minutes walk from the pool and I was scanning the gulls at sea carn and spotted a smaller juvenile YLG on the beach with over 500 large gulls including a single juvenile Mediterranean Gull. 



Number 1 juv YLG


  

Number 2 was a bulky juv YLG While this individual was bathing on the Abbey Pool, number 3 YLG was another large juvenile, that flew overhead towards the Great Pool.




Number 4 juv YLG was smaller and had less markings on the tail and rump 


Juvenile Mediterranean Gull at sea Carn

Up to 30 Black-headed Gull on Tresco

Little Egret


Juvenile Green Sandpiper on the weed of the Great Pool

Female House Sparrow

Not many records of Comma Butterfly on Tresco


My first Migrant Hawker of the year was this female at the Abbey Pool


Sharon Van Etten (born February 26, 1981) is an American singer-songwriter[2][3] and actress from New Jersey.

No comments:

Post a Comment