Language Translator

Friday 7 April 2017

Purple Heron at Lower Moors

Adult Purple Heron was present throughout the day at Lower Moors and put on a great show for everyone who saw it!

  925 called me at 09.30 and whispered down the phone that the adult Purple Heron is at Lower Moors in front of the hide. No chance of me making it there for a long time but I alerted others. Fortunately it was still present at 11.00 and I had ten minutes to go and see it. Cracking views as it stayed motionless just tucked in the reeds for the time I was there. However, when I returned just after 19.00, it was still present and very active catching mullet before flying off towards Higgo's pool some 20 minutes later.
  Joe Pender observed the other adult Purple Heron fly out SE out to sea over deep Point.



In the morning on my first visit to Lower Moors






But nowhere near as good as the evening visit

Male Gadwall

Male Teal


I've seen a lot of Canada Geese over Lower Moors but not one on the deck

And Dave was the first one to greet me when I returned home two weeks ago! He's now just coming into his 3rd summer...

and this is Dave when he was less than two months old! He's a cracker!!



No comments:

Post a Comment