Language Translator

Friday 10 October 2014

BLYTH'S PIPIT at Lower Moors

1st winter Red-breasted Flycatcher at Porth hellick Loop

 Two days ago I had 45 minutes of work and half away around the Porth Hellick Loop, I heard a Red-breasted Flycatcher, but could I see the damn thing. I made my way to where I had heard it and after a few minutes of phishing, out it came in front of me with 2 Firecrest. 
  I tried the Content fields and while sheltering from a heavy shower, I observed an Arctic Tern fly up the field towards Maypole! The fields itself held 15+Blackcap, 100+Goldfinch, 50+Chaffinch, 60+Linnet, 4 Chiffchaff, 2 Willow Warbler and singles of Sedge warbler, Skylark and Whitethroat.



A bit of phishing paid off. As well as the flycatcher coming out, 2 Firecrest also showed briefly







A ridiculous tame Skylark at Content

Small numbers of Clouded Yellow around at the moment

  Yesterday, I had just jumped over the gate into the Standing Stones Field, Lower Moors, when I heard a quiet 'chup chup' and just glimpsed a pipit come down into the field. It had to be the Will's Blyth's that has not been seen since four days ago. I saw Kieth Mudd on the main path and told him that I was 99% sure I had just heard the Blyth's and asked him to put out on the radio that I'll be going into the field in five minutes. Some 40 birders arrived and after flushing a Jack Snipe, up came the BLYTH'S PIPIT  and landed nearby in the same field. Ideal! I was asked to flush it again and it was observed landing in one the Old Town Bay fields. Both times when flushed it called, but I was the only one that heard it. Later on I was flushed again and this time, watched it fly off NNE a 100 mile away! This time it called twice and birders who were standing next to me, didn't hear it. That's how quiet it's call is. There was no sign of it in any of the fields today and I went searching for it. At trewince I had some 130 Meadow Pipit, and a single Redstart and Wheatear. A Short-toed Lark was discovered at the airfield and later when the airport had closed, I found it feeding with 4 Skylark and 3 Wheatear. 
  There was also another Short-toed Lark on St Agnes today, with Ortolan Bunting and Tawny Pipit. Yesterday, Graham Gorden found a Rustic Bunting at Porth Killier and on Tresco, there was a Little Bunting and Dotterel. Bryher held a Pectoral Sandpiper.


A blurred record shot of the BLYTH'S PIPIT

Birders waiting patiently for me to flush the Blyth's

Grey wagtail at Shooters Pool, Lower Moors


Arvo Pärt (Estonian pronunciation: [ˈɑrvo ˈpært]; born 11 September 1935) is an Estonian composer of classical and sacred music. Since the late 1970s, Pärt has worked in a minimalist style that employs his self-invented compositional technique, tintinnabuli. His music is in part inspired by Gregorian chant. As of 2013, Pärt has been the most performed contemporary composer in the world for three years in a row.

No comments:

Post a Comment