Language Translator

Friday 3 February 2012

Caspian Gull at Rainham

1st winter Caspian Gull at the stone barges, Rainham
 
  First thing this morning, there were small numbers of Redwing moving ovewrhead at Dartford. I decided to try and see if I could see any of yesterdays 3 Caspian Gulls that were observed at the stone barges on the Thames at Rainham. It was sunny and there were large numbers of gulls all over the shop. On the far side of the river I picked up a gull that looked really good for a 1st winter Caspian Gull. This was comfirmed when it got up and flew towards me and landed just off shore. There was also a 1st winter Yellow-legged Gull nearby.



1st winter Caspian Gull

1st winter Black-headed Gull



Driving up road towards the stone barges and I saw up to 3 Foxes on the bank enjoying the sun. They were all keeping a watchful eye on me 

And this Carrion Crow was keeping a sharp eye on them



Willy Vlautin singing 'Western Skyline' Richmond Fontaine

1 comment: