Language Translator

Thursday 15 September 2011

Back to normal

Juvenile WOODCHAT SHRIKE, Woolpack, Garrison

  Well, there's still the same good old stuff around. Just before work, I found the juvenile WOODCHAT SHRIKE on top of gorse around the Woolpack area, Garrison. The first Grey Wagtail of the autumn flew SW and there was a very small movment of Meadow Pipit and Chaffinch overhead. A few taxis later, I was watching the juvenile SOLITARY SANDPIPER from the comfort of me wagon with another Grey Wagtail. A climb up to the control tower and I could see 5 BUFF-BREASTED SANDPIPER and then at Porth Hellick, I could hear the BEE-EATER over towards Lunnan Farm. Not bad by 10.30 I guess!

Juvenile SOLITARY SANDPIPER, Newford Duck Pond Robin Mawer

  Later I caught up with the BEE-EATER in Elms opposite Watermill Cottage. I found the juvenile PECTORAL SANDPIPER in front of the Hilda Quick hide, Lower Moors. A Grey Wagtail was just up the track at the Shooters Pool and at 18.30 there were only 3 BUFF-BREASTED SANDPIPER on the airfield.

No comments:

Post a Comment