Language Translator

Friday 18 November 2011

RED-BREASTED FLYCATCHER at Porth Hellick

My latest RED-BREASTED FLYCATCHER that I've ever seen was at Porth Hellick

  Late this morning at Porthloo there were 5 Black Redstart, the Whimbrel, 2 Pied Wagtail,  1st winter Mediterranean Gull, 2 Common Gull with over 70 Black-headed Gull. The 2 Yellow-browed Warbler were still at Newford Duckpond with 2 Goldcrest and 4 Chiffchaff.


1st winter Mediterranean Gull and Black-headed Gulls at Porthloo

  Early afternoon and I bumped into Dominic Mitchell (founder and Managing Editor of Birdwatch Magazine) at Porth Hellick. He had come over to see the Wilson's Snipe and hopefully the Northern Waterthrush. All morning he had been at Lower Moors and just got 3 Snipe altogether. He was just leaving Porth Hellick, thinking the Wilson's might of been on the pool, to return to Lower Moors. Ten minutes later, it came on the pager that the Wilson's Snipe was in front of the ISBG hide. I hope he connecting with it.
  I had an hour to kill and in that time I got 2 calling Siberian Chiffchaff, 1 Yellow-browed Warbler, 1 Firecrest and after over 30 minutes of listening to the DUSKY WARBLER, I finally saw it very briefly. A bird in top of the Sallows caught my attention. All I got was a breaf second as it dived into cover. 'RBFly' I said to myself. Five minutes later it came out and I for the first time, got me bins on it. It was very mobile but I could clearly see that it was my latest RED-BREASTED FLYCATCHER that I've seen. There were also 10 Snipe on the pool.

RED-BREASTED FLYCATCHER was very mobile, but everyone managed to see it

Damn twigs!


2 Siberian Chaffchaff were heard on and off, but nowhere near as vocal as the DUSKY WARBLER

There were a pair of Stonechat and 1 Black Redstart on the beach


'Summer 78' from the album Goodbye Lenin! Amazing music by Yann Tiersen. I could not find the version on Youtube with Clare Pichet singing on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment