Language Translator

Thursday 12 November 2015

Cracking Siberian Chiffchaffs!

Up to 3 Siberian Chiffchaff were at Lower Moors

 To find birds today, then you had to get into the sheltered areas. At Porth Hellick there were 3 Firecrest, 2 Yellow-browed Warblers together and a vocal Siberian Chiffchaff. On the pool there were 2 Jack snipe and 13 Teal. Nearby at Holy Vale, both male and a large female Sparrowhawk moved through and there were another 3 Firecrest and a single Yellow-browed Warbler.






One of Jims ringed Firecrest that I had at Holy Vale

There was only this male Siskin at Higher Moors


I first found this Siberian Chiffchaff by call and this individual has been present at Porth Hellick for over a week now


Up to 13 Teal were on the pool

 I left Higgo and made my ways to Lower Moors and as I entered the gate, I immediately came across a cracking Siberian Chiffchaff. There was movement deep in the Sallow behind the Sibe and out came another one, followed by another individual! 3 Siberian Chiffchaff together in one small Sallow. Two of the birds starting giving that Bullfinch 'type' call. While I was observing the chiffs, I could hear 2 Yellow-browed Warblers calling to each other. Later one of the warblers showed well. Up to 4 Firecrest were also present with 25+Chiffchaff. Earlier, I checked Newford and saw 5 Chiffchaff with a single Firecrest. I had a total of 13 Black Redstart just on two beaches, 6 at Porthloo and 7 at Porthcressa.

I had 2 yellow-bowed Warbler at lower Moors


Less numbers of both Chiffchaff and  Goldcrest around




I saw up to 13 Black Redstart today





 


This Wheatear showed well at Little Porth for two days from the 9th and it or another was on The Garrison yesterday


Morrissey of The Smiths, doing a great cover of Waylon Jennings 'Are you sure Hank done it this way' live! I saw Waylon play this live a long time ago in Birmingham. 

2 comments: