Language Translator

Monday 2 February 2015

Iceland and Caspian Gull at Trench Pool!

The same 1st winter Caspian Gull at Trench Pool from yesterday.  It was a change to observe one at close range instead of 100 miles away!

  I was going to be at Trench Pool first thing this morning, hoping to catch the Caspian Gull before it left the roost. However, I got there just before 10.00 and the closest bird on the ice was the cracking 1st winter Caspian Gull! It showed very well at close range. From 3 Shoveler yesterday to now 14! Also the 4 Little Grebe and Continental Cormorant were still present. Just before 16.00 from the living room window, I could see a lot of gulls coming into roost at Trench Pool. I immediately relocated the Caspian Gull and thought it would be so good if an Iceland Gull came in. Like magic, I scanned the skies and there was a white-winged gull coming in! It was a juvenile Glaucous Gull and  it landed beside the Caspian Gull! Only the second site record! however, I reidentified it as an Iceland Gull! What an idiot! But that's better, because it's a first for Trench Pool! Over 3000 Black-headed Gull and 30 LBBG came into roost. All I need now is the 2nd winter Caspian Gull that I had here yesterday.



1st winter Caspian Gull roosting at Trench Pool for the second night. I think this is the same bird I had in the fields near to Granville Tip over a week ago just up road. 

I think that this Caspian Gull I had at Granville on the 24th Jan, is the same bird that's roosting at Trench Pool

What I surprise I got when this juvenile Iceland Gull dropped into roost. If someone asked me what this is? I would say that it's a classic Iceland Gull. so why did I first think this was a Glauc. When it came in I first thought it was a Iceland, but I thought the primary projection was too short. It was a large looking Iceland. and that's enough of my excuses! I've made some mistakes in my life. One of them was when I drove to Scotland and ended up in Wales!

The Iceland and Caspian gull side by side.

Also had this hybrid probably LBBxHerring Gull

there was a record of 14 Shoveler on Trench Pool  

Spring is not far away

a small flock of Long-tailed Tits moved through while watching the gulls


Good songwriter. Not sure about his football though. Pete" Doherty (born 12 March 1979) is an English musician, writer, actor, poet and artist. He is best known musically for being co-frontman of The Libertines, which he formed with Carl Barât in 1997. His other musical project is indie band Babyshambles. In 2005, Doherty became prominent in tabloids, the news media, and pop culture blogs because of his romantic relationship with model Kate Moss and his frequently-publicised drug addictions.

No comments:

Post a Comment