Language Translator

Monday 7 January 2013

8 Waxwing at Chelmarsh

Yesterday the 1st winter Caspian Gull was briefly at Prisorlee Lake  

  As Prisorlee Lake was producing the goods at the moment, I thought I would see if there were any Caspians in the Chelmarsh roost. On the way I stopped off at few sites including Prisorlee Lake. Here there were no gulls on the water. However, after going missing for a few days, just off the rocks sleeping with the Pochard and Tufted Duck, was the male Scaup! Where had it been? The floods at Buildwas held good numbers of gulls and with them were 3 2nd winter and a single adult Yellow-legged Gull.


The male Scaup was showing very well

  I was just coming south out of Chelmarsh village, when in front of me, perched on top of Birch Trees, were 4 Waxwing! I pulled over and had a good look at them and as I reached for my camera, instead of 4, 8 Waxwing flew off SW down Bakehouse Lane. I spent a good 20 minutes searching the area and found berries, but no Waxwings. I guess that there still in the area. The gull roost was crap! In with the 500 Lesser-black-backed Gulls was an adult Yellow-legged Gull and also on the reservoir were up to 41 Goosander and 3 Little Grebe. Now I had to race home if I was going to make it in time to play five a-side at Wrekin Collage with the old man.

Yesterday mid-morning I spent over an hour at Prisorlee Lake and briefly the st winter Caspian Gull came in, to the delight of myself and john Reeves. 1st winter Caspian Gull flanked by 2 Great and 1 Lesser black-backed Gull This aftertnoon, John had one of the adult Caspian Gulls and 2 adult Yellow-legged Gull at Prisorlee Lake.






Flying off NW



Great track from a great band. Giant Sand (also currently recording as Giant Giant Sand) is an Americanrock band, based in Tucson, ArizonaUnited States. The name is shortened from the original 'Giant Sandworms', a reference to the creatures in the Dunebooks. Guest artists over the last 3 decades have included Victoria WilliamsNeko CaseJuliana HatfieldPJ HarveyVic ChesnuttSteve WynnVicki Peterson,Rainer PtacekM. WardIsobel Campbell nearly all members of the band Poi Dog Pondering, and Gelb and Brown's daughter, Indiosa Patsy Jean.

No comments:

Post a Comment