Language Translator

Thursday 21 April 2011

First Turtle Dove of the year

Tree Pipit at Telegraph  


  Mid-morning at Porth Hellick there were up to 5 Reed Warbler, 2 Sedge Warbler, 2 House Martin, 15+Sand Martin, 60+Swallow and on the loop trail there was a Grasshopper Warbler reeling. A Yellow Wagtail flew over and on the pool there was the drake Tufted Duck and Snipe. At Carn Friars I briefly saw the Great Spotted Woodpecker.


7 Spotted Ladybird was the first of the year and a Silver-Y at home  

This adult Great-black Backed Gull was getting stuck into a Shag! 


  I kicked my first Turtle Dove of the year at Porthloo and watched it fly off towards Trewince and there was a Tree Pipit at the back of the house.

Every time I passed these two cowboys, Ritchie was always lying down. Here we see Tony passing the biscuits over. 


See what I mean. The other two ain't do much either really. 


  

2 comments:

  1. DearKris,really enjoying your blog, you will see i have joined as a follower.If you get a minute have a look at my blog The Broadstairs Birder.Kent is definitely not Scilly but we do get some good birds. Love Bonnie Prince Billy. Best Wishes Phil Parker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Phil, I will definitely look at your blog. I was in Essex and Kent birding during almost all of Jan and saw some good birds. You can see what I saw if you look at the month of Jan on my blog. Bonnie Prince Billy is someone I would like to go and see. Listening to him now.

    Cheers
    Kris

    ReplyDelete