Language Translator

Sunday 28 October 2012

BLACKPOLL WARBLER on me doorstep!

Is this the bird from Bryher?

 Liverpool and Everton were live on TV and what a cracking first half of football, when news broke of a possible BLACKPOLL WARBLER at Content Lane! I was there a few hours ago and all I managed to see of note were a single Reed Bunting, 2 Lesser Redpoll and 4 Siskin. I couldn't leave the match, despite people calling and telling me that it was showing well. The forth call was Chris and that was enough to get me off me ass and go and have a look at it. When I arrived, I found a small group of birders looking into the field that backs off me bloody garden! After about 30 minutes, the bird was relocated and showed on and off for the next 20 minutes in the large Elms. also a Lapland Bunting flew overhead calling and I was told that a Yellow-browed warbler was also in the area. I've got to start looking a lot harder in me backyard in future.


The light was very poor, but even so, in the field the warbler still didn't come across as bright as last weeks Bryher bird. Lets hope it sticks around for a few days.
 

Tony Duckett sent me some images of what looks like a good candidate for Wilson's Snipe that he saw at the beginning of October. He commented that the Snipe shows a bird that in mine and my friend Mark has most of the feather patterning that matched the two previous Wilson's that have been present at Lower Moors.


Also he took some cracking shots of the juvenile AMERICAN GOLDEN PLOVER on the airfield
 
While this first SYKE'S WARBLER for Scilly was on Tresco
 

I love the music of Nick Cave and this ones for Paul Semmons. Music video by Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds performing Fifteen Feet Of Pure White Snow is from the LP No More Shall We Part is the eleventh studio album by Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, released on 2 April 2001 in the UK (and 10 April in the US). The album showcases the virtuoso talents of the Bad Seeds, with elaborate instrumental sections on nearly every track. Also, Cave's lyrics are less obscure than usual, and he sings in a wider vocal range than he had previously, reaching alto on several tracks.

1 comment:

  1. Cheers Spider. Last day on the Scillonian on wednesday so Blackpoll will be a nice end to the season. All the best mate.

    ReplyDelete