Language Translator

Friday 1 December 2017

Morocco Day 8

I had a total of 11 Moussier's Redstart, including four cracking males, at Ammar

I left the dump this morning, Rissani, and decided to go back to Chil and Hike Hostel in Tinghir. I came off the N12 at Alnif and onto the R113. All I had seen of note while driving so far, were lots of Desert Lark and a male Desert Wheatear just before the town of Alnif.. As always, I was looking for tracks off the main road and near Ammar, I took a right. The area was fields with scrub and trees and the first thing I saw when I got out of the car, was a Fulvous Babbler! It was perched high up and then jioned the other five that were nearby. There were also single Moussier's Redstart, Southern Grey Shrike, Meadow Pipit, Grey Wagtail, 10+Swallow, 3 Crag Martin and a Peregrine over. I drove on and went through a village and on the same track, ended up driving along a stony area scattered with Acacia. Next to a football pitch, I could hear more Fulvous Babblers and found eight birds running around like the cartoon, Roadrunner! 5 Hoopoe flew across in front of me, a very brief Dartford Warbler was in the Acacia, a stunning male Moussier's Redstart showed at very close range and there were 2 Southern Grey Shrike.  Moving on and after a few minutes I could hear the trill of Fulvous Babblers and again I was entertained by the way they search for food. I couldn't go any further with my car as there was a deep gorge, Youssef would of taking it with a pinch of salt, not me. The babblers were still in the same places and in the village I turned right back onto the R113 and 30 minutes later, I was at my digs!


15+Desert Lark were seen by the road side after leaving Rissani

Male Desert Wheatear at Alnif




I saw up to 11 Moussier's Redstart including this very showy individual in Ammar.

Up to 5 Hoopoe were on the deck

Except this one

With 3 Southern Grey Shrike in the Acacia including this one which seems to show a stronger more heavier bill than the others I've seen so far

Record shot of this male Dartford Warbler at Ammar

  




I reckon I've found 100% site for Fulvous babbler. I had a total of 22 birds out of three groups while driving a dirt track at Ammar


The area where two of the groups of Fulvous Babblers favoured. The other group of six, were five minute drive away in complete different habitat.




Jennifer Anne Ognibene, known by her stage name Jenny O., is an American singer-songwriter, based in Los AngelesCalifornia. Jenny O. self-produced a five-song extended-play albumHome. It was released in 2011 on Manimal Records. Songs from the EP have been licensed for television series' True BloodWilfred, Off the Map, for advertising campaigns by Subaru and Toyota, and the video game Rocksmith.[3][4]
A debut album, "Automechanic" was released on February 5, 2013 (Holy Trinity Records).[5] It was produced by Jonathan Wilson in Echo Park, Los Angeles. The recordings feature Jenny O., Jonathan WilsonJames Gadson, Benji Lysaght, and Jake Blanton (of the American rock band The Killers).[6]
In October 2016 she released a new five-song EP entitled Work, issued by Manimal/Holy Trinity.[7]
Her second full-length album, Peace and Information, was released on August 4, 2017, on Holy Trinity Records.[8]


No comments:

Post a Comment