Language Translator

Thursday 9 November 2017

'Eastern' Lesser Whitethroat at Lower Moors

I found this very interesting 'Eastern' Lesser Whitethroat (probably Siberian 'blythi) at Lower Moors yesterday and it was still present today

  I had a quick look at Little Porth this morning on my ways to Lower Moors. Hanging out with the Herring Gull was one of the 2 juvenile Iceland Gull that were seen yesterday.






Pablo having a word with the juvenile Iceland Gull

Pablo hanging out on a rock with Peter close behind him. It looks like Pablo is conducting to an invisible orchestra!

And here's Pablo and peter on my legs. Who would of thought they would be hanging out with an Iceland Gull later in their lives! They've also been friends with Common and the Surf Scoter!

At Lower Moors I wanted to tey and relocate an 'Eastern' Lesser Whitethroat (probably Siberian 'blythi') that I found yesterday in the late afternoon. After a good hour of searching I saw it very briefly near to the Shooters Pool. At the same time a Bullfinch flew overhead and there were 2 Firecrest and 9 Brambbling also in the area. Chiffchaff and Goldcrest were thin on the ground and no sign of any of the Siberian Chiffchaff or Yellow-browed Warbler from earlier in the week. also, there was no sign of the Wilson's Snipe.



   





A probable Siberian  Lesser Whitethroat at lower Moors

There were also 9 Brambling in the same Sallows as the whitethroat with singles heard overhead



There were also these 2 Firecrest in the area

   At Higher Moors no sign of the 4 Siberian Chiffchaff that Higgo and I had two days ago! However, there were 2 Yellow-browed Warbler and 3 Firecrest. I heard a Bullfinch and a Redpoll flew south. The only bird of note at Porth Helick was the Water Pipit on the beach.
  While I was at the latter site, Bob Dawson contacting me to let me know that he had a Willow Warbler at Little Porth. I had a quick look and found it on the main path with a single Black Redstart. Over 50 Chaffinch were feeding on the beach.

The Water Pipit was still at Porth Hellick

There were 2 Yellow-browed Warbler at Higher Moors



Willow Warbler at Little Porth just after having a bath

   Two days ago, Higgo and I were looking from the ISBG hide at Lower Moors hoping to see the Wilson's Snipe. However, all the snipe were on the middle island. Higgo wanted to see the Bullfinch at Higher Moors that I found over a week ago and had been seen on and off since then. Walking from the road to the Holy Vale entrance, we got 3 Siberan Chiffchaff feeding with 5 Chiffchaff in the sun. It was only when I went around the back that I could hear Bullfinch and called Higgo over. He couldn't hear it and went in search of it. Five minutes later he returned with a smile on his face and said 'There's 3 Bullfinch!' At Porth Hellick there was another Siberian Chiffchaff.




Up to 4 Siberian Chiffchaff were between Porth Hellick and Higher Moors 

Chiffchaff

We were in the seaward hide at Porth Hellick and Higgo said 'Is that me at?' Before I could say that I have no idea, I was looking down at him in front of me from the hide! Here he is telling his hat off!

Oooo, that water's cold! Higgo get out of me way, your blocking me view!

  While we were at higher Moors, Graham Cunsdale called to say he had a male Pintail at Newford Duckpond. Sure enough when we arrived he was still there, looking a little nervous and there was also a Yellow-browed Warbler in the Sallows.


This male Pintail was a first for Higgo and I on Newford Duckpond

  Also seen in the last two days on St Mary's were a single Ring Ouzel at Mount Toddon, 2 Hawfinch at Rose Hill, the Snow Bunting was still at Little Porth. A Siberian Chiffchaff was trapped and ringed Porth Hellick and on St Martins there were 2 Bullfinch and 2 Hawfinch.


Blitzen Trapper is a Portland, Oregon-based experimental country/folk/rock band associated with Sub Pop Records,[1] Vagrant Records[2] and Lojinx.[3] Formed in 2000, the band currently operates as a quintet, with Eric Earley (guitar/harmonica/vocals/keyboard), Erik Menteer (guitar/keyboard), Brian Adrian Koch (drums/vocals/harmonica), Michael Van Pelt (bass), and Marty Marquis (guitar/keyboards/vocals/melodica).[4] Blitzen Trapper self-released its first three albums. "Wild Mountain Nation" was No. 98 on Rolling Stone's list of the 100 Best Songs of 2007.[5]

No comments:

Post a Comment