Language Translator

Tuesday 14 November 2017

Bramblings all over the shop!

In total I observed some 80 Brambling today and Mick Scott had over Longstones this morning 50+ with a single Hawfinch.

  At 7.30, I was having me Poached egg and toast and I could hear Brambling outside. I opened the door and heard a Firecrest followed by more Brambling overhead with 5 also in me garden. It was obvious there was an arrival of birds as small numbers of Chaffinch, Siskin, including a flock of 25, and Redwing were all moving through from the SW heading NW. The largest flock of Brambling were 8 out of the 25+ that moved through.. A male Black Redstart and Pied Wagtail were in the Star Castle garden.  Throughout the morning I was doing taxis and everytime I got out of me wagon, I heard Brambling!
 
  I dropped off Higgo at Porth Hellick and had a few minutes at Higher Moors and heard 2 Bullfinch. At the Dump Clump there were 10 Brambling, 2 Firecrest, 15+Chiffchsff, a vocal Bullfinch and a single Siberian Chiffchaff. 


Meadow Pipit

Little Egret


10 Brambling were at the Dump Clump with smaller numbers overhead

  In the afternoon I found myself at Porth Hellick and got over 20+Brambling, 1 Firecrest20+Chiffchaff, 2 Woodcock, the 2 Siberian Chiffchaff and heard a Yellow-browed Warbler. I could hear a Great-spotted Woodpecker drumming and successfully tracked it down where I could see it was a male. More than likely the individual that Graham Cunsdale found nearly 2 weeks ago at Trenowth. After seeing the woodpecker, Higgio called to say that he just had a 1st winter Little Gull over town heading towards Porthcressa. I raced to the latter site and all I could find were Black-headed Gull with a first site record for me, Greenshank.
  After doin some more taxis I made my ways down to Lower Moors and there were another 25+Brambling20+Chiffchaff, 1 Firecrest, the 2 Siberian Chiffchaff, 15 Redwing and 2 Blackcap. A male Bullfinch may have been the bird I had earlier at the Dump Clump.

A site record for me was this Greenshank at Little Porth with Oystercatcher.




All together I had 5 Siberian Chiffchaff including this one at Lower Moors



A pair of Teal were on the pool while the 6 at Porth hellick were still present










This very confiding female Brambling was at Porthloo and on occasions it joined the Sanderling on the beach. There were also the 3 Common Gull on the beach. Throughout the day I constantly heard Brambling. I also got a call from tony, 'I've got a Brambling on me nuts!' Oh no, Joe last week and now Tony with finches on their nuts! Like Joe I said, I'll give it miss mate.


Studio version from the beautiful album: everybody loves a winner.

1 comment: