Language Translator

Monday 18 March 2019

Spain La Janda Day 7

We saw many Spanish Wagtail on one of the tracks at La Janda

  Mostly Short-toed Eagle were moving in from Africa this morning and while in the car park, two wagons pulled up from the birding tour group   https://ingloriousbustards.com/  I didn't pay any attention until I heard a familiar voice and found my good friend Bev and his wife, who have visited Scilly for over 20 years, using one the wagons to shelter from the easterly wind. He introduced me to almost everyone in the group including one of the tour leaders, Martin Tonkin. Martin gave me some advice on seeing Spanish Empereal and Lesser Spotted Eagle at La Janda. So at 11.00, after seeing 105 STE, 1 Booted Eagle and a single Grag Martin move through, Bryan and I headed north towards the latter site. We spent the rest of the day in the area and came away of note, Bonelli's Eagle, Calandra Lark, Spanish Wagtail, Hoopoe and a female Hen Harrier.


Female Hen Harrier

Corn Bunting in full song 

Female Spanish Wagtail


Painted Lady

Short-toed Eagle


I've lost count of how Sharon Van Etten songs I've put on my blog but I had to put her song 'Tarifa' on as that is where I am right now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment