Language Translator

Sunday 4 February 2018

8 Hawfinch at Fitz Church, Salop

There are up 5 Brambling in my Uncle Ken's garden at Charlton, Telford

  Yesterday afternoon I went to watch the live game, City against Burnley, at my Uncle Ken's at Charlton, Telford. As soon as I arrived he pointed out a bird in his garden feeding just below the window in front of us as he didn't know what it was. 'Bloody ell Ken! It's a Brambling!' Uncle Ken's response was 'Bloody ell! I didn't know we had gremlins in the garden!' Then I saw another gremlin, I mean Brambling. Altogether there were 2 males and 3 females Brambling and with the small flock of Chaffinch, they were on show all the time at very close range. Then Uncle Ken said 'Bloody Ell! There's Johnny Cash! Trouble now!' Cash is my cousins 'the cat in black' whose crazy on Johnny Cash and he also played for West Brom under Ron Atkinson as the manager. I meant my cousin played at the Hawthorns, Alan Webb, not the cat! Uncle Ken also told me 'We did have Elvis as well but he died!' The only time the Brambling flew off is when I got up and shouted as Burnley put the ball into the back of the net to equalize 1-1 and that was the final result. Bloody ell! What a game Ritchie Aston!

  




  

Cracking views of the 5 Brambling at Charlton, Telford



There were at 20 Chaffinch

This is by far the fattest Goldfinch I have ever seen!

Coal Tit



  
On the way to Uncle Ken's, I stopped off at Hortonwood and there was 'Cyclops' the adult Yellow-legged Gull. I call him 'Cyclopes' because he appears to have a broken leg!

Also at Hortonwood was this female Kestrel

   Two day ago I went to see the Whooper Swan that every winter turn up in the Melverly area next to the River Seven. 16 had been reported a few days before with 2 Bewick's Swan and 3 Egyptian Geese. The latter species would be a Salop tick if you can call it a tick. Anyways, just off the Royal Hill pub I spotted a group of swans in the fields distantly on the otherside of the river. With the 10+Mute Swan were 4 Whooper Swan. John Morris, who lives just up road, pulled up beside me and told me that there have been up to 5 Hawfinch at Fitz Church. Returning home I stopped off at the church and as I got out of the car I could hear a number of Hawfinch. Altogether I got a total of 8 Hawfinch although I believe there were more.



The 8 Hawfinch showed well in the churchyard but not for the camera.


Long-tailed Tit

Carrion Crow


This 1st winter Black-headed Gull was at Middle Pool


The Deep Dark Woods are a Canadian alternative country band from Saskatoon, currently signed to Sugar Hill Records in the United States and Six Shooter Records in Canada.[1] First established in 2005, the band consisted of singer and guitarist Ryan Boldt, bass guitarist Chris Mason, guitarist Burke Barlow and drummer Lucas Goetz. Pianist and organist Geoff Hilhorst joined the group in 2009 after the release of their breakout album Winter Hours. Founding member Burke Barlow played guitar until 2012 when he left the group and was replaced by Clayton Linthicum. Founding Member Lucas Goetz left the group in late 2014, after which the band went on hiatus. In 2017 Chris Mason officially left the group.[2]

No comments:

Post a Comment