Language Translator

Tuesday 20 March 2018

Palestine Day 4-8

Short-toed Eagle drifting over the Israeli apartheid wall into occupied Palestinian land!! 

  With internet hard to come by and camping, I couldn't update me blog. On my last few days in Palestine, Imad Al Atrash, who works for Birdlife International and is CEO of Wildlife of Palestine, invited me to join him in his nature tours and with 40 other Palestinians, camping in the village of Faqqua. I had an amazing time with so many beautiful Palestinian people and like Imad said to me 'Palestinian people are not terrorist!'
  Until you visit this country and spend time with the Palestinians then you have no idea how kind, warm, fun and welcoming they are. And although the Israeli Government oppresses, occupies and almost daily shoots Palestinians, They are strong and brave!! They constantly tell me 'This is our country and we will not move!'

  Although this was my second visit to Palestine, I learnt so much about the behavior of the IOF (Israeli Offense Force) towards the Palestinians that I did not know before. I interviewed and spoke to many Palestinians and a few Israeli's who wanted the Palestinians off the face of this earth!
  But I'm goin to tell you about the life of a few Palestinians that I think everyone should know and discover what is goin on in this country. I'm sure you can find this on the net what I discovered but I ain't come across it myself yet.

  A mid-twenty male, I'll call John. I interviewed, told me about his brother being arrested at the age of 13 years old and put in prison with no trial for no other reason than suspicion that he might of thrown a rock! What if he did throw that rock? Does that give Israel the right to put him in jail for four years!? Four years is what his brother got without trail!! John and his family made visits and each time had to be there at 05.00 in the morning and then they were forced to wait for ten hours until they could see him! Ten hours! To get to his brother in the prison, they had to push their way sideways through a very narrow walkway. It was so upsetting for John that he never saw his brother again until his release four years later!!
  Before his brother went to prison, John's dad in the 70's at a young age was also put in prison for the same reason as John's brother. Only he got fifteen years without trial and no proof what so ever!

  I found out with other ex-prisoners I spoke to in different cities, it's their family, not the Israeli Government, that have to pay for the son, daughter, father or mothers food and clothes! Something that many of the prisoners family could not afford. And again no trial or proof in some cases. From the age of six to seventeen. Many that were put in prison were tortured to confess to something they never did. Can you imagine a six year old being in a cell and then tortured? What hell they go through and what it does to them when they leave years later? All for being accused or throwing a rock!
  However, the IOF are experts at firing plastic bullets and tear gas and put many Palestinian children in hospital or kill them! In the time I was there, children were killed by the IOF and in one case, the IOF put two dogs on a child in the age of 10-12 maybe and if you watch the footage, the IOF are setting the dogs on him then letting go and repeat it over again.
  Lets repeat that. A young child being torn by two big guard dogs set on by the IOF who take them away only to release them again for the poor kid to be tortured!! You know what I think of the IOF? Inhuman sick blood thirsty psychos!

  This is just the tip of the iceburg of how the IOF get a thrill out of torturing or killing Palestinian children.

  I've had a few emails threatening me to stop talking about what the Israeli Government is doin to the Palestinians. They try and twist it by asking why I don't write things about other countries that have got a lot to answer for about their human rights?! Firstly, if they're telling me this then they know that Israel is breaking the International Law every minute and secondly, if they read my blog regularly, then they would see I write a lot about other countries human rights and our own corrupt Government! Corrupt for so many reasons. One of them is supporting Israel! On top of that, do you really think I'm goin to stop telling the truth of the Israeli Terrorist State? Maybe that is it! They don't like what their reading on here because it's the truth!


Will these be the next children that will be put in a prison for 10+years for throwing rocks!?

The main man Imad Al Atrash Imad! 


Imad is so keen to show students and Palestinians the wildlife of the area Fuqqua



Some of the Palestinians that I camped with and tried to teach me Arabic! Could these Palestinian children also end up in prison without trial?

The village of Fuqqua

Israeli drones and planes were watching every move we made as they flew overhead all day and all night! At the moment the Israeli's are dropping bombs on Gaza from drones like this one and teating their new F-15's on the Strip!











Imad picked me up in Jericho and heading north to Jenin we stopped off a tip on Highway 90 at Yafit where there were 100s of Black Kite, Cattle Egret and White Stork



Faqqua Iris is Palestine's national flower and can only be found in the fields of the village and to see the flower is why people visit this area. 

Eastern Lesser Whitethroat

and Laughing Dove both making use of the apartheid fence 

Corn Bunting are all over the shop!

I picked up a distant Booted Eagle and didn't think much of it until Imad told me that Palestine only get five or six a year!

There were good numbers of Short-toed Eagle

Palestinian farmer with occupied Palestinian land in the distance!


The fields of Faqque with occupied Palestine land in the distance. Imad told me in 2000 the Israeli's stole more land and took all their Ceder woods and just behind these woods are bodies of water that they also stole! More great habitat for you birders to visit occupied Palestinian land and tick it off in Israel!! Wake up! 

We passed the apartheid wall a few times 

And Israeli settlers, some 600,000 of them, treat the stolen Palestine land as their own! 


308 Black Stork flew NE over Jericho city with 16 Common Crane

Stone Curlew I saw and heard in good numbers including this one at Jericho

Over 200 Common Crane drifting NE over my digs in Jericho just before dark


The following day 4000 vocal Common Crane flew NNE over Jericho with 44 Black Stork, 19 Steppe Buzzard and a single Short-toed Eagle and Marsh Harrier not long after

2 Ruff


16 Garganey was only five short to beaten the Palestinian record of 20!

The Shoveler had dropped from 530 when I was here three days ago to 350+





A confiding Green Bee-eater

While cycling Spur-winged Plover are so noisy as they rise from the roadside.

White Wagtail


Looking across the border from Palestine to Jordan

At the site where apparently Jesus was Baptised. So now 1000s of folk a year come here to do the same and guess what? The Israeli's now have control of this area along with the resorts nearby along the Palestinian side of the Dead Sea!!    


In supporting the Palestinians, Waters has lost millions in sponsorship but that ain't goin to stop him from spreading the truth about the Israeli Terrorist State!!

No comments:

Post a Comment