Language Translator

Monday 9 January 2017

Cahuita Costa Rica

Volcano Turriabla showing off minor activity while passing towards Cahuita from the Pacific Coast 

Arrived at Cahuita three days ago after spending a few days on the Pacific side. Again I ain't done much birding as I'm just relaxing and having a great time As internet can be a pain in the butt, I've just quickly uploaded photos before it goes off again.

The boat that took us out to go snorkeling where we saw Manta Ray and for me my highlight was following a Barracuda. 100's of fish of many species that you could almost reach out and touch!!

This is a cracking place to stay. Hakuna Matata Hostel is located just as you enter the small town of Cahuita with the park only a two minute walk away

Ringed Kingfisher

Westen Slaty Antshrike

Little Blue Heron



Adult and immature Yellow-crowned Night Heron

Boat-billed Heron

Good numbers of Prothonotary Warbler in the park

Cahuita Bay

Baird's Trogon


I was so pleased when I stumbled on two Double-striped Thick-Knee in a paddock next to the road. I drove off I saw that were 10 in the next field!

Great Black Hawk

Stripe-headed Sparrow


Flannery's second studio album White Lies was released on 12 September 2008, achieving a top ten position on the Irish Albums Chart. It later went platinum and was nominated for the Choice Music Prize. The Irish Times placed him at number forty-six in a list of "The 50 Best Irish Acts Right Now" published in April 2009. Also that year Flannery won Best Irish Male at the 2009 Meteor Awards. Influences include Kurt CobainLeonard Cohen and Bob Dylan.

No comments:

Post a Comment