Language Translator

Wednesday 22 June 2016

Hooded Crow in Hugh Town

This Hooded Crow has been hanging in town for nearly two weeks and was still present today as I observed it while driving past sat on roofs.

  On the 10th June, I got a call from my boss telling me that he had a Hooded Crow outside his office at Star Castle. I told him that it was probably one of the hybrids from the Hooded Crow on Bryher. The following day, Barry text to say that he had a Hooded Crow over Porth Mellon and this was shortly followed afterwards by the boss saying it's outside again. I ain't goin anywhere as England are just about to play Russia! We should of finished off Russia in the first half but it don't matter now. With Wales, we made it to the last 16!
  The next day, Martin Smith let me know that he had the Hooded Crow in his garden! A few minutes later with Higgo, we were all having cracking views of it as it sat on top of a garage roof at close range.







I think we can say this Hooded Crow has turned up from an urban area, maybe an Irish bird, as it's very approachable and use to people. Similar to the individual that turned up last year and hung out around Old Town in back gardens!   



At the same time I found this young Carrion Crow at Porth Hellick. It was very healthy but it was born with deformed legs and unfortunly didn't make it. As you can see in the bottom pic, there is a bit of Hooded Crow in this individual 



Dave the Herring Gull follows me all over the shop!
  
This was him at the end of March....

Now look at him!

Pammene aurana Moth 

Cydia ulicetana Moth Today 925 found a Jersey Tiger at the Garrison campsite. Maybe the 2nd or 3rd Scilly record! 


Jennifer Anne Ognibene, known by her stage name Jenny O., is an American singer-songwriter, based in Los AngelesCalifornia.

No comments:

Post a Comment