Language Translator

Thursday 16 January 2014

Interesting gull at New Quay, Ceredigion

Had this gull off New Quay 

  While scanning the gulls on the beach off Cie Bach country Club, New Quay, from a long ways off with me bins, I immediately noticed a rather dark looking gull with a loose flock of Common and Herring Gulls. I wanted to run back and get me scope, but I could see a dog walker close by who was going to flush them. I tried to get ahead to get better views and it was looking interesting for a possible American Herring Gull. However, it was no good and they flew off. I really didn't get much detail of the bird, except from the photos below.



 
As well as other details, the rear end ain't looking good for smiths, although I took these shots a long ways off and are heavliy cropped. Someone living nearby, might be worth seaching that area and hopefully get better views than me. Any comments welcome
 



No comments:

Post a Comment