Language Translator

Wednesday 5 December 2012

Caspian Gull at Telford

Sub-adult Caspian Gull at Candles Landfill, Telford. This bird was some 10 miles away on the otherside of the tip!

 I'm back in Shropshire visiting my family and today a twenty minute look at Candles Landfill near Horsehay, Telford, payed off. As soon as stepped out of the car, I heard a Waxwing and watched it land in a tree above me. On the tip I found some 2500 gulls and with them I managed to spot a 2nd winter Yellow-legged Gull followed by a sub-adult Caspian Gull. Both birds were very distant resting on the far side. There were also 4 Great Black-backed Gull. I wanted to stay longer, but I had to move on. Tom Lowe had an adult Caspian Gull at this site six days ago with 11 Yellow-legged Gull. I might give it a try again tomorrow.

Sub-adult Caspian Gull

The front end of a 2nd winter Yellow-legged Gull The gulls were a long ways off

Good numbers of Rooks, Jackdaws and Carrion Crows also feeding on the tip

This Waxwing paused very briefly in the tops of trees next to the tip


I like this band a hell of a lot! Annie Erin Clark (born September 28, 1982), better known by her stage name St. Vincent, is an American singer-songwriter and multi-instrumentalist. She began her music career as a member of The Polyphonic Spree and was also part of Sufjan Stevens' touring band before forming her own band in 2006. Her stage name is a reference to Saint Vincent's Catholic Medical Center where the Welsh poet Dylan Thomas died in 1953. 

No comments:

Post a Comment